Strategy Associate/Senior Strategy Associate
Jetstar’s mission is to offer low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often. Since we launched in Australia in 2004, we’ve carried more than 140 million passengers. We have one of Asia Pacific’s largest low fares networks by revenue. Jetstar-branded carriers operate more than 4000 flights a week to more than 60 destinations.
As the Strategy Associate / Senior Strategy Associate you will work closely with your colleagues and Senior Executives across the Jetstar Group to identify, plan, analyse and execute key strategic initiatives ensuring that Jetstar both stays competitive and continues to provide outstanding value to customers.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy, key duties and responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with the delivery of the overall Jetstar Group Strategy
• Supporting analysis of strategic opportunities, including the evaluation and due diligence of new markets, products, investment opportunities and potential M&A activities
• Structuring, preparing and presenting well-written, logical and insight-focussed documents for Senior Management
• Develop the knowledge and expertise to act as a centre of excellence in the areas of the Jetstar Group competitors, customers and capabilities
• Become a ‘go-to’ thought partner for key decision makers and departments within Jetstar
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills & experience:
• Tertiary qualification in a business related subject
• Post graduate qualifications such as MBA, CA, CFA will be highly regarded
• At least 3 years of relevant experience in management consulting and/or Big4 audit and/or investment banking experience is preferred
• Proven experience working in highly analytical role that influences key strategic decisions
• Extremely well-developed numerical, analytical and financial modelling skills with a focus on developing actionable insight
• Ability to work diplomatically across cultures with international stakeholders
• Excellent PowerPoint presentation skills with the ability to communicate information that tells a story, highlights key insights and influences business decisions
• Self-motivation with a positive attitude and commitment to deliver high quality outputs to tight deadlines
• Strong commercial acumen with the ability to think big picture and understand what potential outcomes could be
• Prior working experience in Asia Pacific countries is advantageous
• Ability to converse in Mandarin, Japanese or Vietnamese is an advantage
Working with a highly intellectual and collaborative team, you will have demonstrated quantitative and problem solving experience. You will have a strong commercial acumen and exceptional stakeholder management as you work alongside our senior leaders locally and internationally.
With lots of exposure to exciting projects, opportunity to influence and contribute to Jetstar's overall strategic direction, your capabilities will be continuously tested and the role will expose you to varied career development opportunities.
Posted 18th September 2017
Sinefa is network technology start-up based in Melbourne, Australia. We provide network traffic visibility and control for data networks across the world and we are growing fast. We won the iAwards Best Startup for Victoria in 2015 and the Harvard Business School New Venture Competition for Asia Pacific in 2016.
We are on the looking for outstanding people who can contribute to the growth of our business. If you have a background in network technology, digital marketing, technology sales we are immediately interested in talking to you. We would also be keen to talk to you if you think you have general business or technology skills to contribute to Sinefa.
Posted 7th July 2016
Employers: If you need to find talented people for your job or internship, please let us know and we'll post it on our job board.
Students and Graduates: If you are looking for a job or an internship, email us and we'll post it here.
Email your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org