Personal information we collect (and how we collect it)
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact details;
- your age or date of birth;
- photographs of attendees at our events;
- additional information that you provide to us through our website; and
- any other personal information that may be required to facilitate your dealings with us or with the Harvard Alumni Association.
We will generally collect personal information about you from you directly. However, we may collect personal information from third parties, in particular, the Harvard Alumni Association.
How we use personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access our events and services;
- to maintain and improve our website and IT systems;
- to administer your membership of the Harvard Club of Victoria; and
All personally identifiable information provided by alumni is strictly used for Harvard Club of Victoria (HCV) purposes only.
How we may disclose your personal information
- our employees, volunteers and professional advisors;
- other Harvard Club community members; and
- our third party suppliers and service providers (including organisations and venues that provide services for our events).
We may disclose certain personal information to our payment systems providers. We use Stripe and NAB to process payments through our website.
We do not hold any credit card information of our members or the users of our website.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example -
- Certain areas of our website where personal information is displayed or can be entered are password-protected to allow access by registered users only. These areas include the online directory, profile update, account management, email forwarding, discussion groups, and registration for some events.
- Users of our website have the option to suppress the information fields in their records that they wish to keep private, which will prevent these fields from being viewed by other community members.
Although the precautions outlined above are designed to protect any personal information available through our website, there is a certain degree of risk any time information is shared over the internet.
We may from time to time publish on our website or in our newsletter pictures of club members and guests who attend club events. If you see your picture and would prefer to have it removed, please contact email@example.com.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the details set out below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
The effective date of this policy is 1 January 2016.